3 tablespoons of light rum or 1 1/2 teaspoon of rum extract plus 3 tablespoons of water
16 fresh mint leaves, chopped
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 cups of Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of grated lime zest
2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 6 limes)
If desired, 2 to 3 drops of green food coloring
2 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
1. Mix the rum and chopped mint in a small bowl. Put aside.
2. Heat the oven to 350 ° F. Lightly spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Mix butter and half a cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed. Stir in 1 3/4 cup of flour at low speed until well mixed. Push the pan in. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
3. In the meantime, mix the eggs and sugar in a large bowl with a whisk. Add remaining 1/4 cup of flour and salt, mix with a whisk until mixed. Mix in the lime zest, lime juice, food coloring and milk.
4. Place the strainer on a medium sized bowl. Put rum mix in a sieve. Push the mixture through the sieve with the back of the spoon to drain the liquid from the leaves. Throw away leaves. Stir the sieved liquid into the egg mixture and whisk well with the whisk. Pour partially baked crust over it. Bake 25 to 27 minutes longer or until center is set.
5. Let cool completely, approx. 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. For bars in 6 rows cut to 4 rows. Keep bars well covered in the refrigerator.
Tagged: , General Mills , Betty Crocker , recipe , Mojito Bars Recipe , mojito , cocktail , bars recipe , dessert bars , dessert , lime , mint , Gold Medal , rum , green , fresh mint leaves , key lime , desert , garnish